Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Why Middle Class is the Champion of Rationality?

I suddenly got this question because of recent lunar eclipse. If we observe, we find that it is the middle class that advanced the world's rational behaviour and not the rich and very much not the poor. why is such case is so obvious?

We all know that coming into being of middle class is to protect and maintain the capitalist interest. This class engages in such economic activity. And it is placed uniquely in economic order. They don't carry the risk of rich (or read enterprenuer) nor the vulnerability (of going to bed with hunger) of poor. They are secured with basic needs but deprived off the luxury. Certainty is what they carry as an asset.

See the rich. Uncertainty always hang on their head. Their economic well being depend upon their talent as well as luck. But they cannot distinguish between what is the contribution of talent and as well as of luck to their current position. Similarly, the poor face the same problem of distinction. This makes them to protect their economic well being with all possible ways that includes some behaviors that middle class name it as "SUPERSTITIOUS".

This is my experience as well. I worked for some time as an employee and am a freelancer from last 3 years. I myself wondered why I got some clients? Is it because I did make an effort to get them or Is that my luck to have them on board? I still fail to distinguish. When such distinctions are failing to come out of your thinking, you take a safe bet. That's why rich and poor are the consumers of all beliefs that middle class name them as superstitious.

When human being is put more to uncertainty he behaves in similar manner irrespective of class where she comes from. I think your education, reading, upbringing etc come less to your rescue in exploring all possibilities, including all so called superstitions, to protect your interest. I have stopped calling any belief as unworthy long back. My reason is let people enjoy their beliefs. Even commenting upon them- having no element of harm to others- is intruding into the privacy of others.

Let me wish economic vulnerability of middle class makes this world more rational, more inquisitive, than its current position.

No comments:

Post a Comment